We use Your Personal data to provide and improve the Website. By using the Website, You
Interpretation and Definitions
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Proteger LLC, a Delaware limited liability company.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Website on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Website, to assist the Company in analyzing how the Website is used, or to assist the Company in processing the orders, including but not limited to the payment providers and the payment processors.
Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Website.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Website refers to Protéger website, accessible at www.protegerdaily.com
You means the individual accessing or using the Website, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Website, as applicable.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Website, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Social media handle
- Usage Data
- Other similar contact information when you provide it to the Company
We also collect comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
If You purchase Company’s products, We and/or our Service Providers collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
If You purchase Company’s products, We and/or our Service Providers collect product information, order number, receipts, the purchase date or location, and other similar data relating to purchase transactions.
Please keep in mind that if You directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Company’s public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
We do not collect any personal information about You unless you voluntarily provide it to Us and/or Our Service Providers. However, You may be required to provide certain personal information to Us and/or Our Service Providers when You elect to use certain services and/or products available on Our Website or other websites associated with Our business. These may include but not limited to: (a) registering for an account on Our Website; (b) sending Us an email message; (c) submitting Your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products on Our Website. We will use Your information for, but not limited to, communicating with You in relation to services and/or products You have requested from Us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Website.
Usage Data may include but not limited to information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Website that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Website by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Website or when You access the Website by or through a mobile device.
Information from Third-Party Social Media Services
The Company allows You to create an account and log in to use the Website through Third-party Social Media Services, including but not limited to:
If You decide to register through or otherwise grant Us access to a Third-Party Social Media Service, We may collect Personal Data that is already associated with Your Third-Party Social Media Service's account, such as Your name, Your email address, Your activities or Your contact list associated with that account.
The Company may use “cookies” to help You personalize Your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to Your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to You and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to You.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save You time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that You have returned to a specific page. For example, if You register with Our Website, a cookie helps Us to recall Your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording Your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When You return to Our Website, the information You previously provided can be retrieved, so You can easily use the website features that You customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but You can usually modify Your browser setting to decline cookies if You prefer. If You choose to decline cookies, You may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of Our Website.
Third-Party Analytics Services
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain Our Website, including to monitor the usage of Our Website.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Website. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Website that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Website.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile applications' push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website, products, services, marketing and Your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of Our Website, to contact You
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
How we store, use, share, and disclose Personal Data?
Our Company data is hosted on the Shopify.com platform. Shopify.com provides Us with the online platform that allows Us to sell Our products and services to You. Your data may be stored through Shopify.com’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify.com applications. They store Your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Shopify.com and used by Our Company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by Our store and its service providers.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Website, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices, our Service Provider’s operating offices, and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company;
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website;
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Website or the public; or
- Protect against legal liability.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from You, We will:
- Delete Your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any Service Providers to delete Your personal information from their records.
Please note that We may not be able to comply with requests to delete Your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by You, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with You, or otherwise perform a contract between You and Us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when Our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained Your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with Your expectations based on Your relationship with Us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use Your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which You provided the information.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We will take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (267)500-1875.
Effective as of March 24, 2021